Xpress Molecular Transport Medium – PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
MagGenome Xpress Molecular Transport Medium was designed and optimized for molecular testing allowing pathogenic samples to be collected, transported, and processed safely and efficiently. Our Xpress MTM is produced with molecular grade buffer that is DNase, RNase, and protease-free. The molecular transport medium inactivates infectious biological pathogens including viruses, and gram-positive/negative bacteria whilst preserving and stabilizing labile DNA and RNA for downstream molecular applications.
- Cut, open the pouch to remove the swabs.
- Specimen can be collected with the swab in the following manner.
- Nasal swab: Nasal swab is collected for anterior turbinate. Insert dry swab into nostril and leave in place for a few seconds. Slowly withdraw it with a rotating motion.
- Throat swab: Swab the back of the throat near the tonsils thoroughly.
- Break the swab near the break point and insert swab into the tube containing MTM and close the cap tightly.
- Label the sample correctly with the name of the patient and time and date of collection.
- The user should then shake the vial for 3-5 seconds and allow the sample to incubate in Xpress MTM for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to sample processing. Samples should be vortexed for 3-5 seconds prior to DNA and RNA extraction.
STORAGE, SHIPPING CONDITION & SHELF LIFE
- Samples are Stable for 4 days at room temperature and stable for 28 days at 2-8°C.
- It should be noted that samples will not be affected by multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Studies have shown longer stability for RNA at both ambient and high temperatures from time of collection to time of nucleic acid extraction compared with other transport media.
- Shelf life of the product is 12 months.