MagGenome Xpress Molecular Transport Medium was designed and optimized for molecular
testing allowing pathogenic samples to be collected, transported, and processed safely and
efficiently. Our Xpress MTM is produced with molecular grade buffer that is DNase, RNase, and
protease-free. The molecular transport medium inactivates infectious biological pathogens
including viruses, and gram-positive/negative bacteria whilst preserving and stabilizing labile DNA
and RNA for downstream molecular applications.
The sterile flocked nylon swab (nasal & oral swabs) has a short perpendicular ultra-flexible nylon shaft that is designed for better patient comfort. This nylon shaft is attached with soft nylon strands that results in efficient collection and release of particulate matter. It yields significantly more sample which helps in maximizing the sensitivity of serological and molecular detection assays. This swab has a molded breakpoint which allows the swab to be broken in to the tube. Sample collection tube is designed in such a way that can directly inserted into automated nucleic acid extraction systems.
Transportation of the Samples:
- Samples can be transported and stored at room temperature for 5 days.
- For long term storage stored it at -20 C
Appearance color less clear solution
Storage and shelf life:
- Samples are Stable for 4 days at room temperature and stable for 28 days at 2-8°C.
- It should be noted that samples will not be affected by multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Studies have shown longer stability for RNA at both ambient and high temperatures from time of
collection to time of nucleic acid extraction compared with other transport media.
- Shelf life of the product is 12 months.