The lysozyme preparation is purified from chicken egg white, crystallized three times, dialyzed, and supplied as a lyophilized powder. Protein content by UV absorbance is ³90% with the remainder (~10%) being buffer salts such as sodium acetate and sodium chloride. This highly purified enzyme preparation has been used in mass spectrometry as a protein mass calibration standard and in structural studies of proteins.
Lysozyme activity: 40,000 units/mg protein
The product, as supplied, should be stored at –20°C. When stored at -20°C, the enzyme retains activity for at least 4 years. Solution (pH 4-5) remain active for several weeks if refrigerated.